Found this today – an interesting way to quantify what we read:
Now, the fun part–assigning literary genres to correspond to the pyramid levels. This is just for fun so please don’t get your knickers in a twist at my genre placement.
- Bread and Grains = classic literature, poetry, drama, contemporary prose
- Veggies = nonfiction, non-celebrity bios and memoirs
- Fruits = Sci-Fi, Fantasy, graphic novels, et al
- Meat = historical fiction, detective fiction, women’s fiction
- Dairy = chick-lit, YA, romance
- Sweets = celebrity bios/tell-alls, trashy novels
I am a Bread and Grains kind of girl, with a little Meat and Dairy tossed in for flavor. Fruits, Veggies and Sweets almost never if you can believe it!